The colorful wolf

September 11, 2007

Life goes on

Filed under: Uncategorized — randy @ 0:20

And why wouldn’t it? I just didn’t really expect that my life would change so little after everybody left. I am still going traveling. Still going to Tokyo. Still hanging out with friends. I hope I can still do crazy things from now on. Still, every time I go drive back to the youth heim, I look at the windows of the rooms where my friends used to stay, only to find nothing there. Different people are sitting at their desks in the office. People I cannot bother with my stupid newly found wisdom from wikipedia, or strange video from youtube, or funny news from Holland. It takes time, I guess.

Well, I haven’t been doing nothing, though. Last Friday we celebrated Seb’s birthday in Tokyo, and I took some pictures in Shinjuku, which I posted here. Saturday I went cycling around Atsugi by myself. I posted some pictures online, but I was not happy at all with my pictures. I think most of them look too plain and boring. On Sunday I went to Enoshima with Amyko, Wendy, Hung Lun and Michael and his friend. I took only my wide angle and my zoom lens, and I made some great pictures (in my opinion, of course :P). I also went swimming, and during my swimming time Amyko borrowed my camera and the zoom lens, and went around taking pictures of people. I was really impressed with the pictures she took. I don’t think you guys can tell which pictures are hers and which are mine.

Ah yes, typhoon! If you remember my last post, I was telling about how I set up my camera for time lapse, so I could take a movie of the typhoon. I also said I was hoping that it wouldn’t short-circuit, since it would be plugged into the power socket all the time (camera wrapped in plastic of course). Well, that kind of failed -___-. I went back home after work, and the power was out completely. I tried to flick the surge protector back on 5 or 6 times, but it immediately went out again. In the end we watched a movie in somebody else’s room, during the typhoon… Finally, late in the evening, my power came back. The camera miraculously survived too, so I guess the end result could have been worse ๐Ÿ˜€

After the typhoon the river was huge! Here’s a picture of what it looked like 1 day after the typhoon passed.



  1. I am very very impressed with the photos. I am looking forward to some cool pictures when you come to Hong Kong. I didn’t manage to take much striking pictures here in Borneo…which kindda sux. I will post some up in Zoto later (as always). Oh, and there is dust on my sensor, I might need to ask you to bring it back to Japan for cleaning ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

    Comment by Kamiru — September 12, 2007 @ 17:01 | Reply

  2. Wow, that sucks… But on the bright side, it’s another reason to buy a new camera sooner ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Comment by Randy — September 13, 2007 @ 1:08 | Reply

  3. No no no no no NO! Not happening…No $$$$ well, will be the pound sign in a couple of weeks!

    Comment by kamil — September 13, 2007 @ 3:28 | Reply

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at

%d bloggers like this: